Support Khyentse Foundation
Sharing the Merit
“Even if they give just one cent, people should have the motivation of putting a drop of water in the ocean. A drop of water on its own will easily evaporate, but in the ocean it will always remain.”
- Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
There are many ways you can contribute to Khyentse Foundation:
- BECOME A SPONSOR OF MANJUSHRI by making a donation of any amount. If you have ever made a donation to KF, you are an IMS Sponsor of Manjushri.
- BECOME A FRIEND OF MANJUSHRI by pledging a monthly donation to Khyentse Foundation. Pledge a recurring contribution of any amount, and your donation will be matched dollar for dollar by the Patrons of Manjushri, doubling your donation. If you are already a KF monthly donor, you are automatically an IMS Friend of Manjushri.
- BECOME A PATRON OF MANJUSHRI by contributing to the Matching Fund pool created to double the recurrent/monthly donations made by Friends of Manjushri. Contact Ms. Florence Koh (Florence@khyentsefoundation.org) or Ms. Jun Xie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- SEND A CONTRIBUTION BY MAIL Download a PDF form on the right column on this page and follow the instructions, or contact your country representative.
- NAME KHYENTSE FOUNDATION AS A BENEFICIARY Consider KF as a beneficiary if you are planning your will or estates. Contact info@khyentsefoundation for more information.
- GET CREATIVE
Many of our donors have come up with imaginative ways to support the Foundation. We encourage such creative generosity and welcome your input. But please contact your KF representative before using the KF name in conjunction with any fundraiser.Consider these possibilities:
- Coordinate a benefit fundraiser
- Auction your paintings and other artwork, antiques, jewelry, and other valuables
- Donate appreciated stocks
- Donate real estate
- Donate one month or one week of your annual salary
- Be a matching fund sponsor
- Seek corporate matching funds
- Introduce us to a corporation, foundation, trust, or other potential donor
What will your donation do?
- US$28 provides medical support for 600 monks for one day.
- US$50 formats 650 pages of precious Buddhist texts for preservation.
- US$250 supports a monk or nun for one year, or sponsors the translation of one page of the Tibetan Kangyur.
- US$3,000 supports a Cambodian monk to study for a post-graduate degree for one year, or sponsors a youth development program.
- US$10,000 supports the English program for 70 monks for one year.
Legal and Fiscal Notes
Khyentse Foundation is incorporated in the United States and is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit religious organization. It is governed by the rules and regulations pertaining to nonprofit organizations in the United States.
All donations to Khyentse Foundation are fully tax deductible for U.S. taxpayers. The tax deductibility of donations from other countries is subject to the laws and regulations of each country. Please check with your accountant, tax lawyer, or tax office, or speak with the Khyentse Foundation representative for your country, to ascertain whether your donation can be deductible. The Foundation provides documentation of your contributions.