Khyentse Foundation and Siddhartha’s Intent are announcing our first open call for entries for inspiring artwork for our 2023 illustrated calendar. We’re asking artists, designers, and illustrators from all over the world to create images to be featured on our 2023 SI and KF calendar. Everyone is welcome to apply, professional or amateur, and you may submit more than one image.
The theme is “Homage to the Buddha,” and submissions should include space for this special quotation from Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche:
Homage to the most avant-garde man on earth,
Gautama Buddha, Tathagata.
May we long for no other but you.
— Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
- Image size: 297 mm x 170 mm
- Landscape format
- Full-color RGB
- 300 dpi
- Free technique
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Send images to: [email protected]
- Filename format: First name_Last name_number.jpg (eg haruki_murakami_1.jpg)
The winner will be chosen by the KF and SI communications teams. The winning illustration will be featured on the 2023 SI/KF calendar, to be released before Losar 2023. The 2022 calendar was translated into 28 languages.
- All entries must be received by August 31, 2022.
- By taking part in the contest, you understand that images may be cropped or resized for social media, mailings, or any other non-commercial use, now or in the future.
- All entries submitted may be used in future KF or SI communications, with proper acknowledgment.
- If you would like to be included on our “dharma artists” list, include social media accounts that we can pull from for future publications. All artists will be asked before publication of other work.
- If you want to post your submissions on social media, we ask that you wait until after October 1, 2022 when we have made our selection.
We also take the opportunity to thank all the artists who have offered their work for us to use in the calendar in the past years. By this joint merit, may we always recollect the three jewels in every moment.