Siddhartha’s Intent and Khyentse Foundation “Auspicious Dates” Calendar
September 1 to September 30, 2023
Khyentse Foundation and Siddhartha’s Intent are announcing our second open call for entries for inspiring artwork for our 2024 illustrated calendar. We’re asking artists, designers, and illustrators from all over the world to create original images to be featured on our 2024 SI and KF calendar. Everyone is welcome to apply, professional or amateur, and you may submit more than one image.
The inspiration for this year’s calendar is an excerpt from “Invocation” by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche:
Dewdrop, lamp, phantom, rainbow, oasis,
Such is my life and the lives of others –
I surrender to this truth.
To the one who spoke this truth,
The Prince of the Shakyas
I offer my adoration.
— Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
- Image size: 297 mm x 150 mm
- Landscape (horizontal) format
- Full-color RGB
- 300 dpi
- Free technique
All submissions must leave space for the excerpt. Our creative team will later place the excerpt on the final calendar design. Please do not place the excerpt on your illustrations. Refer to past calendars for clarification of how the excerpt will be designed with the illustration.
Here is a template layout. Please note: the excerpt may be placed anywhere on top of the artwork. It will not necessarily be on the right-hand side. Our team will place it where it fits best.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Send images to: submissions@
- Filename format: First name_Last name_number.jpg
The winner will be chosen by the KF and SI communications teams. The winning illustration will be featured on the 2024 SI KF calendar, to be released before Losar 2024. The 2023 calendar was available in 29 languages.
- All entries must be received by September 30, 2023.
- By taking part in the contest, you understand that images may be cropped or resized for social media, mailings, or any other non-commercial use, now or in the future.
- All entries submitted may be used in future KF or SI communications, with proper acknowledgment.
- If you would like to be included on our “dharma artists” list, include social media accounts that we can pull from for future publications. All artists will be asked before publication of other work.
- If you want to post your submissions on social media, we ask that you wait until after November 1, 2023 when we have made our selection.
We also take the opportunity to thank all the artists who have offered their work for us to use in the calendar in past years. Through this joint merit, may we always recollect the Three Jewels in every moment.