May the holders of the teachings cover the entire earth;
May the power and prosperity of the patrons of the teachings increase;
May all be auspicious for the teachings to endure.
- Become a recurring donor
- Make a one-time contribution
- Become a Patron of Manjushri
Since the inception of KF’s monthly donation program, a collective of donors, the Patrons of Manjushri, has pledged to match all scheduled recurring contributions, dollar for dollar. When you become a recurring donor, whether it be monthly or annually, your contributions are automatically doubled. KF relies on this steady source of income to meet its commitments to beneficiaries around the world. We encourage anyone who wishes to make a contribution to sign up for recurring donations.
When you make a contribution, consider dedicating the merit, primarily to the flourishing of the Buddhadharma throughout the world, and also to whatever you wish for personally, such as the health of a loved one or a cause that you care about. Simply write your dedication in the comments section of the form.
Khyentse Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization registered in the USA.
Federal EIN/Tax ID # 91-2167303
All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law in the US. Tax deductibility in other countries is dependent on the local rules and regulations governing charitable contributions.
Khyentse Foundation’s Financial Position is reported in our Annual Reports.
Audited financial statements are available upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to send a USD check, please send to:
PO Box 156648
San Francisco, CA 94115.
If you wish to send a non-USD check, please contact your country representative from the list below. The country representatives can answer other questions you have and can work with you to make the process as smooth as possible.
What Will Your Donation Do?
Every dollar you give makes a difference in the life of a student or practitioner — a nun in lifelong practice near Dzongsar Monastery or a lay person in 3-year retreat; a student pursuing her doctorate in Buddhist Studies or a Cambodian monk studying in Sri Lanka.
Here are just a few examples of what your donation can accomplish:
- US$28 supports one day of medical clinic for 600 members of the monastic community and surrounding village, insuring a healthy environment for study and practice. Or it pays for the formatting of 300 pages of precious Buddhist texts for preservation for future generations.
- US$10 monthly ($240 total with matching funds for one year) sponsors a child to attend a Dharma camp or covers the basic needs of a monk or nun for a year.
- US$50 monthly ($1,200 total with matching funds for one year) helps a Bangladeshi monk pursuing a postgraduate degree so he can return to his monastery and teach the next generation. Or it sponsors a tulku to attend a leadership development workshop to acquire 21st-century communication skills.
- US$108 monthly ($2,592 total with matching funds for one year) fully sponsors a visiting professor to teach at a major university in India for one month, sharing unique perspectives on the Dharma. Or helps an aspiring Dharma translator receive formal academic training.
- US$500 monthly ($12,000 total with matching funds for one year) supports an intensive English program for 70 khenpos for one year, helping prepare them to teach the Dharma beyond monastery walls. Or it subsidize 24s lay practitioners to attend a 10-day retreat in the west.
These are just a few examples. Your unrestricted donation supports the whole spectrum of KF projects:
Training and development for tulkus and khenpos
Scholarships, grants, and awards
Buddhist education for children
Revitalizing Buddhist Traditions
India, Cambodia, Bangladesh, and more
PATRONS OF MANJUSHRI PROGRAM
Partnership for Enlightenment
Pledges of recurring contributions of any amount are matched dollar for dollar by the Patrons of Manjushri. Individuals or groups may become Patrons of Manjushri by contributing to the Matching Fund pool. Joining the program is a significant annual commitment, instrumental in keeping Khyentse Foundation healthy and able to meet its obligations to grant recipients.
The Patrons of Manjushri program invites individuals, corporations, institutions, and foundations to be true partners and collaborators in a range of long-term projects undertaken by Khyentse Foundation. Our aspiration is that the circle patrons will form a stable basis for the Foundation to significantly increase our support for worthwhile projects within the next decade. To join the program, please contact Cangioli Che, Jun Xie, or Christine Ng for one-on-one discussion in English or Chinese.
Manjushri is the Bodhisattva of Wisdom and Lord of Speech, an awakened warrior of boundless compassion, who vowed to take rebirth under any circumstances in order to teach all future Buddhas. Inspired by Manjushri’s limitless wisdom and tireless activities, and under Rinpoche’s guidance, Khyentse Foundation’s numerous projects are all focused on a single ultimate goal: to bring all sentient beings to Buddhahood, the state of full awakening or enlightenment.
The purpose of the Patrons of Manjushri program is to fund all of Khyentse Foundation’s activities worldwide, from the smallest individual grant to the largest university-based education project.
Monthly Donor Stories
We love to hear from our supporters about their decision to become regular contributors to the matching funds program. All monthly contributions are automatically doubled through the program, thanks to the Patrons of Manjushri. In many ways, the matching fund program is the lifeblood of Khyentse Foundation. Scroll through some of these stories in the slider below and read them all here.
COUNTRY-SPECIFIC CONTACT INFORMATION
Ang Gah Lin
Ma Lan Ma
SWITZERLAND and FRANCE